Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Power Conversions and Adapters



Australia's power voltage is 230 and New Zealand is 240. Since we only need 120 volts in the USA, I decided it was time for me to purchase a new, lighter weight power voltage converter to meet my electrical power travel needs.

When I went shopping, the salesman told me that most of today's electronics can take voltage from 110 up to 240. So no conversion needed. I rushed home, checked my power cords and confirmed that he was right.

Initially I was delighted with the thought that I'd only need to take adapters (much smaller & lighter) but not a converter to recharge my iPhone, iPad and camera batteries. Then I remembered that I need to take a curling iron. Yep! It only takes 120 volts. So back to square one - buy the converter.

No comments:

Post a Comment