Tuesday, November 12, 2013

ARRIVED

With 30 minutes before landing, I reflected on my varied travel experiences, the people I've met, the different foods I've eaten and the sites I've seen. I paged through my passport to see stamps from Vietnam, Bangkok, Port Lockroy Antarctica, Lao, Argentina, Dominican Republic, and Cambodia. It occurred to me that I should have brought along my expired passport - the one with stamps from Kenya, Tanzania, France, Switzerland and other countries.  Why?

Because it's still hard for me to believe what I've accomplished. This is certainly a personal best for me.

There's a phrase that says 'If you can dream it, you can achieve it'. Well this North Carolina country girl never dreamed that I would see New York, let alone all seven continents.

But here I am. A world traveler. Indeed, it's more than I could ever have dreamed. For this trip it only took 30 hours and 50 minutes, but I'm not even tired. I am SO excited.

We had a quick orientation tonight and then dinner. Touring starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment